Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Picture book - “I Broke My Trunk!” by Mo Willems


Picture book - “I Broke My Trunk!” by Mo Willems


I Broke My Trunk is a children’s book about a small pig named Piggie and a large elephant named Gerald who are best friends. It begins by Gerald telling the long story on how he broke his poor little trunk, but when he is explaining this story, he tells it extremely slowly which drives little Piggie crazy. Mo Willems has received a number of different honours and awards from writing dozens of children books, where “I Broke My Trunk!” was one of them that received a Geisel Honour for in 2012. Mo Willems writing style allows the reader to enjoy the book and bring many laughs to the reader as they share the ups and downs of Gerald and Piggie. This book would be suited for beginning readers to practice reading as it may excite them about reading as Mo Willems adds extra emphasis on the question marks and exclamation points throughout the story.

Kris Batsiokis

0 comments:

Post a Comment